We run an appointment ONLY system at all our surgeries. Our team of receptionists are here to assist you, and will give you any help they can. We aim to offer multiple access points with patients being able to choose how to access the practice, for example, we offer:
- Pre bookable (up to 14 days in advance) face to face appointments with a doctor
- Pre bookable telephone consultations with a doctor
- Same day appointments in a nurse led minor illness clinic or with a doctor
- A range of nurse led dedicated clinics for long term conditions
- Ability to book appointments 'on line' - see bottom of our homepage
- Use of 'Duty Doctor' to assess requests for acute medical problems that may require same day attention.
Morning surgeries tend to run from 8.30 - 11.00 am with evening surgeries usually running from 3.00 - 5.30 pm. In addition, there are also a number a early afternoon surgeries that run on a number of days during the week. Despite our best efforts it is not possible to run surgeries to exact schedules, our receptionists will always try to let you know if there is any undue delay.
We also provide appointments with GP's outside our normal opening hours. These surgeries are for pre-booked appointments ONLY, and are designed to help those patients who work full time. Our normal services CANNOT be accessed during these hours. These surgeries operate from our main site in Selby only on the following days/times, Monday: 7.00 - 8.00 am and 6.30 - 7.30 pm, Tuesday: 7.00 - 8.00 am
When making your appointment the receptionist will ask you the nature of the problem, this is intended to ensure that an appointment can be made for you with the most appropriate clinician & avoiding any unnecessary delay In asking this question the receptionist is in no way 'being nosey' but is trying to determine the most suitable person for you to see at the earliest possible opportunity. This could be a doctor, a health visitor or a practice nurse. Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
If you cannot keep your appointment for any reason, please let us know, it can then be offered to someone else.
Patients who regularly/persistently fail to attend their pre booked appointment may be removed from our list